Saturday, November 29, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Ok so I am a little late getting these Thanksgiving pictures up but for the past two days there has not been very many moments in the day where I did not have a Turkey leg in one hand and a slice of apple pie in the other. In fact, I am typing right now with one finger as I shove an oatmeal cranberry cookie into my mouth.

This is the second year that we have hosted Thanksgiving day dinner and did all the cooking from scratch. It always makes me feel like such a grown up! This year we got even better at perfecting the meal and did much better at timing everything to be ready at the same time. This is also the day I put my perfectionist tendencies aside and let the kids dive in and get dirty in the kitchen, and boy do they get dirty!

After our bellies were full we brought out all the boxes of decorations and gave our house a Christmas makeover. We have been in Hawaii for five years and I still feel so weird putting up a tree when it is 85 degrees outside. I have to blast the air conditioner and brew hot chocolate to help set the mood!
I think I might be getting used to it though because I am really in the Christmas spirit this year!

Friday, I braved the crowds of Black Friday shoppers and got most of my Christmas shopping finished. It was a long day, but I felt very accomplished when I got home and massaged my sore little piggies. Now I have the tedious job of wrapping!










No comments: